Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  Home    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Sorry to report
 AstroworldPark Forum : Sorry to report
Subject Topic: Demolition Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Posted: October/31/2005 at 8:34pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

I saw offices being cleaned out.  
Games, retail and food service were out clearing out the stores.
Maintenance removed all of the railroad crossings arms and control systems. 
Dungeon drop cars are being removed from the track.
Swat boom is being uncoupled.
Dungeon Drop, Diablo Falls and Swat are the first three rides schedule to go out.
They have new homes and will be open for next years season.

Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator Visit administrator's Homepage

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Posted: November/01/2005 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

Day 2: 11/1/2005

The same continues. The parameter fences and walls around Swat and Dungeon Drop are down. Swat's control system is being disconnected and getting ready for shipment.

Spiralmania in front of Chat n Chew is package and ready for shipment.

Back to Top View administrator's Profile Search for other posts by administrator Visit administrator's Homepage

Fierce Pancake

Posted: November/02/2005 at 4:56pm | IP Logged Quote Fierce Pancake

Curious, any idea where these three are destined to leave Houston in favor of?  Pretty certain Dungeon Drop's got a date in St Louis but I haven't heard anything about the other two. 
Back to Top View Fierce Pancake's Profile Search for other posts by Fierce Pancake Visit Fierce Pancake's Homepage

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Posted: November/02/2005 at 8:20pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

Day 3:  11/2/05 

Swat: We are almost finished pulling all the wire from the ride. We will finish tomorrow. The crane will be here Monday to begin bringing it down.

Diablo Falls: The conveyor belts have been removed and most likely we will start disconnecting the control system and pulling the wires.

Dungeon Drop: The perimeter walls were torn down (Stone Hedged). All of the cars have been removed.

Elizabeth Train: The engine was shipped yesterday and the coaches are loaded on trailers, soon to be shipped.

The Elizabeth train, and all the railroad crossing systems are being shipped to Georgia.

Swat and Diablo Falls are schedule for New England

Dungeon Drop is being shipped to St. Louis

awdude
Host / Hostess
Host / Hostess

Posted: November/03/2005 at 11:29am | IP Logged Quote awdude

What's the plan for Cyclone, timewise and process-wise?  Will they just take a wrecking ball to it, or dismantle it more methodically?

Back to Top View awdude's Profile Search for other posts by awdude

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Posted: November/03/2005 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

Day 4

On day 3 I mentioned that Swat and Diable are going to New England, I meant that they are going to Six Flags over New England.

I forgot to mention that the Entertainment department has removed the "Center Stage"

Since I'm busy with the rides, I don't get a chance to see everything going on elsewhere. I also don't have time to take pictures of the rides coming down. There are some that are taking pictures and I have asked them to send copies for the website. I will start posting pictures soon. Doesn't seem to be much time lately.

The GE Electric Train and coaches are being loaded onto trailers to be shipped to Georgia.

Texas Cyclone:
After closing on Oct 30 a section of the track was removed to make sure that the train would not run again. There has been no word on how and when this ride will come down. It will be a sad day when it does and I hope I'm not there. Maybe it will the be last one taken down hoping and praying that somewhere or somebody will save it. But this, most likely, will not happen.

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Posted: November/05/2005 at 3:00pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

Day 6  

Swat is waiting for the crane on Monday. It will be disassembled.

Dungeon Drop: We continue removing control cables. This will take a couple of weeks. The crane for the drop is scheduled on the 21st.

Waterworld is almost 100% gone.

The "Front Entrance" building or the Front Portal (where the metal detectors were) as some would call it, is gone.

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Posted: November/07/2005 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote administrator

Day 8 Monday, November 7 

It has been a week now and the park is starting to look like a ghost town.

Swat: The north paddle and boom were removed today.

Dungeon Drop: Most of the control cable were removed in the PC room. It will take time to remove all of the cables from the tower.

Runaway Rickshaw (scrambler) was taken down today.

Warp 2k was taken down today.

Correction on Swat and Diablo new home. It is not New England, it is Baltimore.

Saturday, SBC was removing their payphones from the front gate when they caught the wall on fire. We ran to put the fire out. Ironic that we save the building from burning which is going to be torn down.

brachphotos

Posted: November/07/2005 at 7:42pm | IP Logged Quote brachphotos

Now you guys know what I was going through when Opryland USA (Nashville, Tennessee) got shut down back in 1997.

SWAT and Diablo Falls are going to Baltimore?  Do you mean that they're going to Six Flags America?  SFA already has a Diablo Falls/Penguins Blizzard Ride....  I thought I heard that we (SFA - I live in Maryland now) were getting Ultra Twister?

-Will

Edited by brachphotos on November/07/2005 at 7:58pm
Back to Top View brachphotos's Profile Search for other posts by brachphotos

CoasterFreak
Host / Hostess
Host / Hostess

Posted: November/08/2005 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote CoasterFreak

Are you sure?

I heard it will go to Six Flags New England too, not just from this. I heard from other sources and it is already decided that SWAT and DF will go to SFNE. They are already taking apart log flume at SFNE for DF to be put in place.

Also brachphotos said SFA (Six Flags America) already have a DF clone which is named Penguin's Blizzard something.

Sorry for not intro myself. I didnt work at SFAW. I'm a New Yorker and always am curious about parks closing all over world also I live 2 hours from SFNE.
Back to Top View CoasterFreak's Profile Search for other posts by CoasterFreak

Page of 39 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version