Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  Home    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Sorry to report
 AstroworldPark Forum : Sorry to report
Subject Topic: Demolition Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
skuller
Manager
Manager

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March/11/2006 at 7:49pm | IP Logged Quote skuller

i think they are cuz what else are they going to do with all that wood? Probably  the tracks are the only thing they might save but the rest i think there going to burn  sad but true
Back to Top View skuller's Profile Search for other posts by skuller

patriciasalazar
Host / Hostess
Host / Hostess

Posted: March/12/2006 at 11:22pm | IP Logged Quote patriciasalazar

Passed by AW tonight. Wanted to take one last pic of Cyclone since the rumors started circulating that it was coming down today.    I was driving and saw the stadium on my left and Cyclone leveled on my right.  I did shed a few tears, and had to pull over actually.  Everything is now basically gone, except for a few shards of Showcase Theatre, and the watch tower for Tidal Wave. 

awdude
Host / Hostess
Host / Hostess

Posted: March/13/2006 at 5:30am | IP Logged Quote awdude

It's a big empty field of debris now.  Time to move on.  This website has been good, but I'm out of stuff to discuss - not much to talk about any more.
Back to Top View awdude's Profile Search for other posts by awdude

astrofreak
Supervisor
Supervisor

Posted: March/14/2006 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote astrofreak

I heard that if Six Flags doesn't get out of the 10.00 zone in stocks there could be another crash in the stock. The current stock is 10.69

Edited by astrofreak on March/14/2006 at 3:58pm

June 12th 1976 - March 09th 2006 at 9:55am
AstroWorld...R.I.P.
1968 - 10/30/05
Back to Top View astrofreak's Profile Search for other posts by astrofreak

astrofreak
Supervisor
Supervisor

Posted: March/14/2006 at 8:26pm | IP Logged Quote astrofreak

well this is my 100th post and have now graduated to supervisor!  I will now most likely stay under the Texas Cyclone Chat topic. I just want to say that this has been a great topic to discuss about, but since AstroWorld is only memories now and forever, there's nothing much to discuss about. I'll be going to see what was once AstroWorld tomorrow (The 14th) as I head over to the rodeo. I really hope to hear from all of you again sometime on the T.C. chat.

If you want to know how Six Flags is doing then here's the site. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=PKS&t=1d&l=on&z= l&q=l&c=

Edited by astrofreak on March/20/2006 at 7:40pm

June 12th 1976 - March 09th 2006 at 9:55am
AstroWorld...R.I.P.
1968 - 10/30/05
Back to Top View astrofreak's Profile Search for other posts by astrofreak

skuller
Manager
Manager

Posted: March/15/2006 at 7:31pm | IP Logged Quote skuller

so whats going to be built on what was astroworld?i keep hearing a parking lot is it true?

skuller
Manager
Manager

Posted: March/17/2006 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote skuller

well i passed by astroworld today and...............  nothing left

rusty_tracks
Host / Hostess
Host / Hostess

Posted: March/18/2006 at 12:11pm | IP Logged Quote rusty_tracks

skuller wrote:

What about the towers for the Astroway? Are they still up? The last time I was by there, the only thing standing were the four Astroway towers. Kind of eerie - like they were standing defiantly while chaos reigned all around them!

I have really enjoyed reading the posts throughout the various topics in this website, even if it does make me sad. I am all for progress, but the thing that grinds my gears is that clowns like Burke were trying to save their a-- and did not really look at the big picture. Astroworld could have been saved and made to become a financially viable part of the chain again if it had been given half a chance. I belive that the new management fully realizes the mistake that the former management made and that they will begin to upgrade, expand, and significantly improve Spalshtown. Who knows, Splashtown could become the reincarnation of Astroworld. Stranger things have happened!

rusty_tracks 

skuller
Manager
Manager

Posted: March/18/2006 at 6:50pm | IP Logged Quote skuller

rusty_tracks wrote:

skuller wrote:

What about the towers for the Astroway? Are they still up? The last time I was by there, the only thing standing were the four Astroway towers. Kind of eerie - like they were standing defiantly while chaos reigned all around them!

I have really enjoyed reading the posts throughout the various topics in this website, even if it does make me sad. I am all for progress, but the thing that grinds my gears is that clowns like Burke were trying to save their a-- and did not really look at the big picture. Astroworld could have been saved and made to become a financially viable part of the chain again if it had been given half a chance. I belive that the new management fully realizes the mistake that the former management made and that they will begin to upgrade, expand, and significantly improve Spalshtown. Who knows, Splashtown could become the reincarnation of Astroworld. Stranger things have happened!

rusty_tracks 

The astroway towers were taking down days ago, now there is NOTHING left

skuller
Manager
Manager

Posted: March/20/2006 at 7:23pm | IP Logged Quote skuller

well..........i guess we can close this forum cuz theres nothing else to say. Astroworld or what was Astroworld is nothin more than a flat muddy land of memorys. Everything on astroworlds land is gone, only thing is the Bridge that still stands in the loved memory of what will forever in our hearts and mind be called Astroworld..........  .

<< Prev Page of 39 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version